Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Count to 100!

Remember The Count from Sesame Street?  He was one of my son Tim's favorite characters as a little boy.  Tim could imitate that laugh perfectly.

 

Well, I felt like The Count over New Year's weekend, as I counted my pile of English paper pieced 8.5" blocks for my Pies and Tarts quilt. 

"… 97, 98, 99, 100!  One hundred English paper pieced pie blocks! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

 

I have to confess I still have a handful to stitch to the background squares, but all of the big circles are DONE!  Now on to the 88 little circle tarts to appliqué on top of the intersecting corners of the 100 pie blocks.  One of my 2012 resolutions is to finish this quilt top before 2013.

 

Here is a link to an earlier post about this quilt, designed by Sue Daly of Patchwork by Busyfingers.  My hubby has dubbed it "the ugliest quilt in the world."  (He's not too fond of turn-of-the-century reproduction print fabrics.)  But my daughter loves it.  She has dibs on this one.  http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com/2011/06/ugliest-quilt-in-world.html

 

Speaking of 100, I'm getting very close to 100 followers on my fledgling blog.  Thanks to all of you who already follow Ponderings.  I am happy to count you among my cyber friends.

 

TTFN

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower

http://www.facebook.com/pasqueflowercreations

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the finished product! 1 little circle tart, 2 little circle tarts, ha ha ha! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, can't wait to see the finished product. Also following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this quilt is beautiful and can't see what's ugly about it! But, my goodness that's a lot of blocks! I'm also determined to finish a quilt this year.
    I only started it 4 years ago!

    http://sewcrazed.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-intentions-for-new-year.html

    Can't help with the follows as I already follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet this will look awesome once all put together! Tell your hubby he doesn't know what pretty is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's going to be a beautiful quilt! I've never seen one before. Men don't know about that kind of stuff!

    I remember the Count when my kids were little. That show had a clever way of teaching kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your follower count! How exciting! Also, your count story made me laugh so hard! I needed that this friday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this quilt. Very unusual. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete