Thursday, July 25, 2013

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

About a month ago, my blogging buddy, Edi Royer, of Memories for Life SB, asked for volunteers to use some of her newly-designed wooden buttons in exchange for a photo swap.

I know that Edi can do AMAZING things with a laser -- like beautiful etchings on glassware, and intricate designs on wooden jewelry.  These feather earrings were a gift for my daughter.  She loved them!


And these engraved wooden buttons are just another example of laser-crafted wonderfulness from Edi's shop:

So I was more than happy to volunteer to make something using some of Edi's new button designs.  I chose the large wooden leaf buttons:


I used the buttons as an accent for a Fall table runner, made using Heartstrings fabric by Terri Degenkolb of Whimsicals for Red Rooster Designs (the tan print that resembles marble), and Hallowgraphix fabric by Jason Yenter for In The Beginning Fabrics(the leaves on a black background).    I actually made three of these runners for upcoming Fall craft fairs--only two have the cool leaf buttons.


The table runner is reversible.  It is approximately 42 inches long and 14.5 inches wide.


Although this appears to be an understated neutrals on black accent item, if you look closer, there's a touch of whimsy:


See those beady little eyes peeking through the leaves?

Thanks to Edi for the opportunity to play with her wonderful laser leaf buttons!

TTFN
LeAnn

16 comments:

  1. I love that button. That is a nice way to use the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner looks great and I'm glad the buttons worked out so well for this project!
    Thanks so much for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of the buttons! They're excellent and go perfectly with the table runner. I hadn't even noticed those little eyes! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is the perfect button for this lovely project! And yes - those eyes are so fun :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Even my hubby got a kick out of the beady little eyes.

      Delete
  5. Your table runners are so pretty. Love the buttons. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Edi's work. She such a professional and everything she creates is beautiful!

    And I love little beady eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edi is a master, that's for sure. I like to think those little eyes are kitties hiding under a pile of leaves instead of bats trying to scare us on Halloween.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful table runner, and I laughed at the eyes peeking out from under the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun little sneaky eyes!
    great use of Edi's buttons! I love the leaf buttons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Aren't those eyes cute?! They sort of sneak up on you.

      Delete