Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Not Baaa-ad, She Said Sheepishly


It's Shameless Commerce Tuesday, and today I'm featuring one of the new reversible baby bibs available in my Etsy shop, Pasque Flower Creations.  It was made using this cute sheep fabric from SuzyBee for Hamil Fabrics -- a nice unisex bib if you are invited to a baby shower and baby's gender is unknown.

My bibs are made with high quality quilting fabric -- this was purchased at The Quilted Kitty in Lincoln, where I've been working part-time for the past two weeks.  I use a Mod Tods bib pattern.  A layer of preshrunk cotton flannel is sandwiched between the two layers for extra softness and absorbency.  I use capped metal snap closures -- no Velcro to catch in baby's fine hair.

I've always liked sheep.  I raised Cheviots for 4-H and sold the wool for spending money.  I was a proud member of the Farmington Farmerettes 4-H Club in Lake County, South Dakota.

Grandson Garrison LOVES Shaun the Sheep!  The Suffolks in this print remind me of Shaun.



And just think of all the nursery rhymes with sheep --- Mary Had a Little Lamb, Baa, Baa Black Sheep, Little Bo Peep, Little Boy Blue . . ..

TTFN
LeAnn


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet bib! That's got to be the cutest sheep design ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The happy little sheep are so cute :) And I love that bright green too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I thought they were just too cute to stay on the quilt shop shelf. Had to bring some home.

      Delete
  3. love the sheep! How cool that you raised sheep and sold wool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was lucky to grow up on a family farm -- not many of them left.

      Delete
  4. Love the sheep! Your fabrics are too cute!

    ReplyDelete