Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes

I'm a big fan of Eleanor Roosevelt -- a strong, outspoken, independent woman decades before "Women's Lib."
I have one of the quotes attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt posted on my refrigerator:  Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.  (I reminded my daughter of that when she left the prairie and went off to Harvard.  She graduated magna cum laude in 2010.)
 
The quote pictured above was posted in the Lyceum at Brownville, NE.  I took this photo on yesterday's day trip to the quaint little river town that time forgot but artisans rediscovered.
 
TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower
http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote! I just posted it on my Facebook page. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing.....I couldn't remember who's quote that was. I should have guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor's quotes are really great. I've got one on my desk. =) Congrats on your daughter's success, too!!

    ReplyDelete