Monday, July 18, 2011

Bucket List

One of my favorite movies of all time is The Bucket List (2007) starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.  This unlikely pair, both battling terminal illnesses, set off an adventure to experience things they wanted to do before they "kicked the bucket."

 

I don't have a terminal illness, but I've found myself saying on occasion, "That's on my bucket list."

So, dear readers, I decided to share ten items on my bucket list (in no particular order), realizing that I'd probably need to retire or win the lottery to accomplish some of them!

 

Travel to Denmark to visit relatives and see Copenhagen and the island of Mon

Attend the American Quilter's Society Quilt Show & Contest in Paducah, KY

Attend the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in Sisters, OR

See a Broadway musical

Make a Baltimore Album-style appliqué quilt

Buy a NEW new car (not a new-to- me used one)

Use up most of my fabric stash

Live to see all my grandchildren graduate from high school

Have a cabin on a lake

Learn to knit


Last summer, I crossed two things off my bucket list when I visited my son Jeff in D.C.  I saw the Vietnam Memorial and The National Cathedral.   The final version of the list will continue to be a work in progress.

 

SO—What's one thing on your bucket list?

 

TTFN

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower

 

Photo credit:  http://www.conniescrafts.com

Handcrafted repro wooden bucket for sale on her website.

 

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I hope you'll get to do them all!

    Hmmmm, I'm going to have to start a Bucket List! There are so many things I'd like to do, but have never written them down...

    So glad I found you through Etsy Blog Team! Following you now :)
    ~Trina

    http://trinastrinketts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list... I would like to visit Greece and Australia, but might need to win the lottery first. Orangies Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, LeAnn, and it sounds like some of them could be pretty attainable (like learning to knit...I taught myself to knit a few years ago, although I still prefer crochet).

    I've actually done many things on my bucket list, but a few I'd add would be:
    - Travel to New Zealand and explore the entire area
    - Spend a month (or a summer) in Provence and Tuscany painting every day and eating the amazing food
    - learn to play the cello
    - take a 3 week non-motorized rafting trip through the Grand Canyon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! I don't have one...I live in the moment:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learn to play my guitar! That has been on my bucket list for ages, and I pulled out my guitar today - no time like the present to begin :) Knitting was on mine a few years ago - so I picked up books, learned, and spent two years teaching knitting to children :) Good luck! Knitting is fantastic!

    Great list! Good luck getting everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. I'd have to say that I'd like to travel more, learn a new hobby, and I have to think on this more...

    ReplyDelete