Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy




Easy peasy. Lemon squeezy.   My coworker Terri loves that phrase, although she’s not using it too often during this phase of tax season.  The returns tend to be more complex and challenging in March and April!

But I thought of this phrase when this fun lemon fabric arrived in the mail.  The 100% cotton screen print is called Fresh Lemons.  It was designed by Jane Shasky for Robert Kaufman.  I’ll pair it with a pretty yellow blender fabric from the Marbelous line, also by Robert Kaufman.  This special order fabric is for a custom walker bag which will be a Mother’s Day gift for a woman who loves lemons.  I even found some super cute lemon buttons at http://www.etsy.com/shop/Saph1re

My customer would like a fully enclosed bag with a top zipper closure – so that will be a bit of a design challenge.  Lucky for me, my favorite Etsy zipper supplier, Zipit, came through with the length and color I needed:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/zipit.   I love, love, love her shop!  Fantastic selection, reasonable prices, and over the top customer service.  Thank you, Kung Foo Cowgirl!

This is shameless commerce Tuesday, so I am promoting custom walker bags.  They are almost always a surprise gift and a day brightener for an elderly parent, friend, or shut-in.   http://www.etsy.com/listing/73698420/walker-bag-custom-made-choose-your-theme  I’ll also be listing some pretty ready to ship walker bags as we approach Mother’s Day – a thoughtful and useful gift for a grandma or great aunt or an elderly parent who depends on a walker for mobility. 

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower




Easy peasy. Lemon squeezy.   My coworker Terri loves that phrase, although she’s not using it too often during this phase of tax season.  The returns tend to be more complex and challenging in March and April!

But I thought of this phrase when this fun lemon fabric arrived in the mail.  The 100% cotton screen print is called Fresh Lemons.  It was designed by Jane Shasky for Robert Kaufman.  I’ll pair it with a pretty yellow blender fabric from the Marbelous line, also by Robert Kaufman.  This special order fabric is for a custom walker bag which will be a Mother’s Day gift for a woman who loves lemons.  I even found some super cute lemon buttons at http://www.etsy.com/shop/Saph1re

My customer would like a fully enclosed bag with a top zipper closure – so that will be a bit of a design challenge.  Lucky for me, my favorite Etsy zipper supplier, Zipit, came through with the length and color I needed:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/zipit.   I love, love, love her shop!  Fantastic selection, reasonable prices, and over the top customer service.  Thank you, Kung Foo Cowgirl!

This is shameless commerce Tuesday, so I am promoting custom walker bags.  They are almost always a surprise gift and a day brightener for an elderly parent, friend, or shut-in.   http://www.etsy.com/listing/73698420/walker-bag-custom-made-choose-your-theme  I’ll also be listing some pretty ready to ship walker bags as we approach Mother’s Day – a thoughtful and useful gift for a grandma or great aunt or an elderly parent who depends on a walker for mobility. 

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower

7 comments:

  1. What a great Mother's Day gift! And I love the cheery fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect gift. The lemon fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to have a yellow and grey country kitchen. This would be perfect! With my ugly green counters in this house though, unfortunately yellow looked terrible. Guess I will just have to get new counters:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so many of these fabrics. Moda has so many news lines that I am in lust with as well!

    I've never used that phrase. I may have to work it into a conversation somewhere, though, cuz it sounds cute!

    Have a happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that phrase! And that lemon fabric is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make a walker bag for my little grandson with CP. Any suggestions on patterns? You do such nice work!
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I think about it the more I think I'll let you custom make James a walker bag. Tell me the measurements you will need. He uses what they call a KWalker. You can see videos' of him on my blog using the walker. He needs something he can use at pre-school. This should be a first for you, making a child's walker bag!! But children need them too!
    Gmama
    P.S. Do you WANT the word verification ON because if you don't (I have such a hard time reading the words and usually don't comment on blogs with them)You can turn it off. I didn't realize I had not clicked the OFF button till one of my followers brought it to my attention. My followers were so thankful when I turned it off...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete