Sunday, April 5, 2015

Treasury Thanks

Each Sunday I devote my post to extending a THANK YOU to the curators of Etsy treasuries who featured items from my Etsy shops, Pasque Flower Creations and Aunt Pheba's Vintage, over the past week.  

Spring themes continued to dominate, although there were some darker themes as well, reminding us that life is not all "bunnies and flowers" as an old friend used to say.  There are sunny days and cloudy days, full moons and eclipses, births and deaths.  But I cling to the belief (sometimes against the odds) that light can overcome darkness.

But I digress.... back to this week's wonderful treasuries.  Please visit, Like and Pin, if you can.

Jessica and Bryan of FeathandKee featured my green chevron oven mitt in their treasury, Spring Motivation.  I love the savings jars in their shop.  As I start to plan my post-tax season vacation, this Sunny Day Fund jar caught my eye.


Cassie of CassieVision featured my pink and black striped key fob in her treasury, Bunny Surprise!  I had a fun bunny surprise on Friday, when my boss's little girls, ages 5 and 3, brought me a stickered bag with rice krispie treat "eggs"--with lots of sprinkles and a surprise in the middle!   For older girls, these purple glass hair accessories would be a lovely little Easter surprise.


Valerie of NandysNook featured my floral baby girl bib in her treasury, Welcome Spring - A Motivation TEMPTation Treasury.  This baby blue Spring coffee cup cozy is one of the many hand-crocheted gift ideas you will find in Valerie's shop.


Susan McAnay of McAnany featured my black and white chevron oven mitt in her treasury, Black and Red.  I love this wall art in black, white and red -- one of many stunning photos you will find in Susan's shop.


Kellee and Dorian Thomas of MoretheBuckles featured my red, white and blue chevron oven mitt in their treasury, Tempt Team Motivation Temptation.  This vintage cement truck toy could bring a smile to the face of a boy of any age.  Boys and their toys!



MADellingerCarving featured my nature-inspired pillow cover in his treasury, Monday's Motivations.  This desperado cowboy is one of the incredible carved characters, each with its own personality, that you will find in his shop.


Kathy and Wayne of Rocks2Gems2Wire featured my tangerine jungle animals baby bib in their treasury, Monday Morning Sunrise- Tangerine and Dusk Blue.  This orange and blue jasper heart bracelet is another beautiful example of that gorgeous color scheme.



Judith Petersen of HighestTideJewelry featured my tractors baby bib in her treasury, Warming Up for Summer!  This gemstone aqua necklace is one of my many favorites from Judith's shop.



Kelsey Wiley of WileyatHeart featured my daisies on blue oven mitt in her pretty blue treasury, Shades of Blue,  These baby blue earrings would feel right at home in that treasury.


Debbie at LightheartedDreamer featured my lavender floral oven mitt in her treasury, Pastel Spring.  This pretty watercolor flower art from Debbie's shop would brighten any room.  LOVE the lovely mix of purples and blues.


Elena Kuzina of EleNesSilk featured my poppies on blue oven mitt in her treasury, Blue Sunshine
Elena's shop is loaded with BEAUTIFUL silk and rayon scarves.  One of my favorites is this striking silk scarf in blue and terracotta


Elena also featured my colorful abstract pillow cover in her treasury, Today's Delight.  Tulips are one of my delights in Spring, so I chose to feature this gorgeous red tulips on gray hand painted silk scarf from EleNesSilk. 


Sarah Beth of Magnolia Surprise featured my yellow chevron baby bib in her treasury, Fire in the Sky.  It was the week of the blood moon and a lunar eclipse.  As the kids count down the weeks until the end of school, it is time to start thinking of teacher gifts.  These cute crochet apples from Sarah's shop would be the perfect gift for a special teacher or mentor.  I love that Sarah includes Granny Smith green and Golden Delicious yellow in her apple assortment.



Judy Nolan of MisterPenQuin featured my azalea oven mitt in her bright and cheery treasury, Color Me Happy!  This bright orange mini chevron blank book would be perfect for capturing happy thoughts. 


Susan McAnany of McAnany featured my black and white chevron oven mitt in her treasury, Black and White.  Susan's art photos are many, varied in gorgeous. Here is a striking black and white photo of a spiral staircase. 


Sharmila of KraftynKatchy featured my pink floral baby bib in her treasury, Pretty Pastels!  April showers bring those pretty May flowers -- and this lovely mobile with gray and purple clouds could bring a smile even on a cloudy day. 


Julia of Fibernique created a treasury using somber black and brown tones.  She included my chefs oven mitt in her treasury, SSaturday Sundries.  This cobweb felt scarf in purple and green is truly a statement accessory!  LOVE those vibrant colors in felted wool!



Valerie of NandysNook featured a treasury for the birds (but in a very GOOD way).  Each of the pretty Spring finds in her treasury, Welcome April, includes a bird or feather.  I was honored to have my colorful birds oven mitt included in this wonderfully-curated treasury!  Valerie's shop is chock full of hand crocheted gift ideas.  These colorful mason jar koozies would be great for sipping iced tea or lemonade on a warm summer afternoon. 


And there you have it!  Another great week for treasuries.

Happy Easter and Blessed Passover to those who celebrate these holy days!

It's a beautiful Spring day in the Midwest, and hubby is happy because Wisconsin is in the final round of the NCAA basketball championship. (He received his Masters in Library Science from the University of Wisconsin MANY years ago.)  Wisconsin upset Kentucky.  They haven't made it to the final round since 1941 -- before he was born!

This weekend has been something of an emotional roller coaster.  I mailed three sympathy cards yesterday.  So many losses in the past few days -- Jerry's dear, sweet Aunt Helen (89), his brother-in-law, Jim (his sister was killed in a car crash a few years ago), and the mom of one of our former students at the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic died unexpectedly and far too young after oral surgery.  But we enjoyed supper with the two oldest grandkids Saturday evening.  This morning we attended an early Easter service at our friends' church. (Our home church, St. David's Episcopal, only has one service at 10:30 -- too late for me to make it to work on time.)

Speaking of work -- I must sign off and head to the tax office. (Yes, we're open on Easter.  Bah! Humbug!  And I actually have two appointments, to my great surprise.) 

Only 10 more days of tax season after today... and counting!!!!!!!!!!!

TTFN
LeAnn

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for all of your losses. I hope things get better soon. I was happy about Wisconsin too (also my alma mater). They made it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all the treasuries! As always you picked some great things to showcase.

    I'm so sorry about your losses. It isn't easy to have to face them. I hope you have some fun and sunny days ahead.

    ReplyDelete