Sunday, September 28, 2014

Treasury Thanks

Another week has flown by!  This week I was blessed with many treasury features, and this post is my pay-it-forward THANK YOU to the curators who featured items from my Etsy shops, Pasque Flower Creations and Aunt Pheba's Vintage, over the past week. 

So grab a warm beverage of your choice, and sit back and enjoy some eye candy, as I give you a sneak peek at some of the incredible items from these curators' shops.  And if you like what you see, please visit their shops, Like, Share, Pin, etc.   We all need to see and be seen. 

Lana Moes of LanasArt featured my gray and tan pillow cover in her beautiful treasury, Weekly Love: Laced.  Gray never looked so good!  Lana is an immensely talented water color artist. She paints everything from abstract pieces to landscapes, to fashion illustrations, and her shop includes original watercolors as well as prints.  Here is one of the wonderful original watercolor fashion illustrations:


Pattern Girl from Yesterday's Fashion featured my poppies on teal oven mitts in her treasury, Poppy Passion.  I just love vintage pattern, and Yesterday's Fashion has an amazing selection of vintage sewing and crochet patterns, including some in PDF format.  I just had to share this Barbie and Ken pattern:




It's a throwback to the 60s!  I had a dark-haired ponytail Barbie and a blonde Ken.  I also had a Midge doll (Barbie's bff) whose hairdo resembled the one on this pattern cover.  My mom gave me permission to use any fabric in the scrap bag to make doll clothes-- and I later used some of my 25 cents per week allowance to buy 15 cent remnants to sew fancier outfits for my Barbie. It was great sewing practice.  It's challenging to work on such a small scale!

Abigail Jayne of AbigailJayneArts gave my shops a double feature in her pretty treasury, Pink and Cream.  She featured my pink floral oven mitt from my Pasque Flower Creations shop and 8 luncheon sized Bavarian china plates with a pretty pink carnation design from my vintage shop, Aunt Pheba's Vintage.  The plates were my grandmother's (the original Aunt Pheba).  The first (and last!) time I used professional movers, they broke every piece in her lovely set of china except for these 8 surviving plates. 

One double feature deserves another, so here is a pretty pink and purple lace cuff by AbigailJayneArts: 


And here are some pretty pink Lucite flower earrings:


Natashalh of StalkingTheWildSnark created a beautiful tribal-themed treasury, Going Native, which included my black and tan chevron oven mitts.  Also in keeping with the tribal theme is this wonderful Hanu Hibiscus sea turtle necklace.


Marilyn P. Sushi of PulpSushi featured my silk zipper pouch in her treasury, Favorite Shades of Fall.  If you haven't visited Marilyn's shop, please pop in and browse. You'll find some incredible treasures, like this vintage inspired penny farthing bicycle charm necklace.



Marcia from ImagineThatBaby featured my green chevron oven mitt in her fantastic treasury, Calling All Early Bird Shoppers.  It is a shame Etsy no longer features treasuries on its front page, because this is truly a front page worthy treasury.  ImagineThatBaby is a wonderful place to shop for handmade baby shower gifts.  I just love these adorable booties:



Pili Thub of UniqueArtHome featured my orange and white chevron oven mitt in another beautifully-curated treasury, this one in orange and white, Vicaversum 26/2.   You could add a pop of seasonal color to your home with this gorgeous red leaf throw pillow.  Pili's shop has many other unique home accent pieces.


And last, but not least, Hajnalka Szabóné Csiby from TisziBeads  from Hungary featured my gray chevron oven mitt in her gorgeous treasury, Pink and Grey Trends.   Hajnalka makes beautiful beaded flower pendants--truly statement pieces!  Please stop in and browse through her shop.  Here is just one or her beaded pendants.  

I hope you enjoyed today's features!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

TTFN
LeAnn
 














10 comments:

  1. Nice features! That was a cute story about making clothes for your Barbie -- that would be some tiny sewing! Amazing that we could actually buy things on a 25¢ a week allowance! I didn't have a set amount -- my dad would give me his dimes from his pocket!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'll bet you could actually buy something with those dimes at the "dime store."

      Delete
  2. Thank you for featuring my necklace! I absolutely love the fall pillow and can't wait to see some fall next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes endless summer in a tropical paradise sounds tempting --but I think I'd miss the seasons, too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the treasuries! I'm still upset, they no longer feature on the FP.
    That beaded pendant is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Duni! The pendants in Hajnalka's shop are stunning!

      Delete
  4. Lots of great treasuries and features here...congrats!
    My mom still has an original barbie as well. I remember her being in black and white striped vintage swimsuit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine had the black and white striped swimsuit, too! Your mom and I must be close to the same age.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the treasuries.! I love that picture of the girl in the hat. So classy!

    ReplyDelete