Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Tribute to Mary

I will be away from the blogosphere for a few days as we deal with a family crisis.  My sister-in-law, Mary, was killed in a tragic car accident on Monday night.  She was rear-ended by a drug-crazed driver who tried to flee the scene of the fatal accident.  He has since been arrested, and he is being held on a $600,000.00 bond.   Here is a link to a news article about the accident:  http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20111206/NEWS/111209949/1055&ParentProfile=1045. It also made the TV news, making it even more difficult for her family and students.


Mary had a big, big heart.   Perhaps because she had been motherless, she was like a mother hen to so many children.  One summer, she had seven step-grandchildren in her care full-time.   She was also a fabric lover and quilter.  As I was wrapping presents last night, I came upon a quilt book by Bonnie Hunter that my husband had autographed for Mary when the author visited our local quilt guild earlier this year.  And she was a gardener.  She had a giant green thumb.  She managed to make the patch of Nevada desert outside their home bloom each summer with an incredible garden.   And, of course, she shared the bounty.  She also had a great sense of humor.  She sent some of the funniest emails.

 

Mary was my husband's youngest sister.  She was only five or six years old when their mother died of heart disease.  But she did not let that loss defeat her.  She was a gifted musician (it runs in the family), and spent most of her adult life teaching music.  She was caught up in the bustle of Christmas concerts.  In our last email exchange two days before her death, she was so looking forward to a quiet Christmas vacation. 


This Christmas, she will not be directing a series of concerts, and she'll be sorely missed by her students.  But she'll be hearing the full angel choir in Heaven. 


We miss you, Mary.


TTFN

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com.shop/pasqueflower

 

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read of your tragic loss. I hope you and your family find peace this Christmas Season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LeAnn...I am so sorry to read of this horrible, senseless loss of your sister-in-law. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sad news... I'm very sorry for your loss, LeAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh LeAnn, I`m so so sorry to read of your loss. My thoughts are with your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of any words to tell you how very sorry I am. I will pray for you and your family to receive some comfort during this. I know you and your family must be hurting so much. Blessings and love to you>

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    I imagine this must be especially difficult during the holiday season.
    Sending you peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry! This is a horrible loss for you and your family. I wish there was something I could say or do to make this situation easier. All I can do is pray for you and your family, and let you know that my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. What a terrible thing to go through. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a tragedy! Praying that God gives you peace and comfort in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete