Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Check" Out These Bibs

It's shameless commerce Tuesday.  Today's post features gingham check baby bibs.  I discovered Carolina Gingham by Robert Kaufman while shopping for fabrics for this custom order:http://www.etsy.com/listing/76212729/1-yard-18-carolina-gingham-by-robert at Angela's Fabric and Trim:http://www.etsy.com/shop/angelasfabricandtrim.   You have to feel it to believe it!  It's a 100% cotton, and a bit weightier than regular gingham without being coarse or scratchy or stiff.  Wonderful fabric!  

I used covered metal snap fasteners for the back closure, and added a layer of preshrunk white flannel as a light batting between the bib front and back.  The bibs were made using ModTods Baby Bib pattern: http://www.etsy.com/shop/modtods.

Custom orders have been the mainstay of my Etsy business for the past two months.  So today, rather than promoting a particular product, I'm promoting the fact that I do custom orders.  

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower

5 comments:

  1. These are adorable. Where do I order these? I have a new grand niece on the way in February, would like to get a few for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bibs, so delightfully old fashioned in gingham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these bibs. I got a bunch of custom bibs and burp rags at my baby shower and they have been some of my favorites! I think getting something completely unique, that no one else has, is the best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bibs are so cute. I have always loved the gingham checks

    ReplyDelete