Sunday, August 17, 2014

Treasury Thanks

Each week I like to extend a huge THANK YOU to the curators of Etsy treasuries who feature items from my Etsy shops, Pasque Flower Creations and Aunt Pheba's Vintage, in blog posts over the past week.  This week, because I was on vacation last week (read last week's 3-part blog series for highlights), I am including TWO weeks' worth of treasuries. 

The treasuries tended to celebrate the last sunny days of Summer -- or look ahead to Fall -- as we prepare for a seasonal transition.

Unexpected Treasure featured my green chevron oven mitt in the CIJ Team treasury, Gorgeous Greens.  This zippered bag set from Unexpected Treasure would be great for back-to-school organizing -- or a thoughtful gift.

 

Edi Royer of memoriesforlifesb featured my yellow chevron oven mitt in her sunny treasury, Eternal Sunshine.  These engraved wooden buttons with a sunburst design celebrate sunshine year-round.



Paige of TheRoomKit featured my poppies on teal oven mitts in her treasury, Summer Colors.  Paige's shop offers design consultations for fresh, modern interior design at affordable prices. I love her use of color in this listing for a custom dining room design.


Carole O'Brennan of TheDishandSpoon also featured my poppies and teal oven mitts (now in scarce supply as the fabric is out of print -- I should have hoarded more!) in her treasury, Poppies.  This lovely spoon ring is just one of the unique creations you will find in Carole's shop.


Carole Russell from AwfyBrawJewellery featured my retro-inspired red linen bow clutch in her treasury, Wedding Clutch Bags -- What every woman wants!  (In fact, my red linen clutch WAS used as a wedding clutch -- it was express shipped to France last year during the holiday rush, and I am happy to report it arrived on time for the wedding. Whew!)

If you are looking for a beautiful necklace for someone who loves purple, check out this plum pink fire leopard china agate necklace.



Ayla of Eyelah featured one of my pencil-shaped pencil pouches made from a tutorial by Gwen Littler of gwennypenny.com (I am a licensed seller), in her back to school treasury, School Year Is Starting . . .   Good luck to Ayla as she begins her year of teaching!  This wonderful handmade zipper pouch would be great for back to school -- or a thoughtful teacher gift.  You'll find a great selection of pouches in Ayla's shop -- she's been sewing up a storm this Summer!



Jessie Noah (buyer only) featured items from my shops in TWO treasuries this week!  My purple and gold fleur de lis baby bib (LSU Tigers colors) represented Lousiana in her treasury, State.  Jessie Noah also featured my yellow pencil-shaped pencil pouch in her treasury, Bee Costume.  I'm guessing there's a story behind that treasury name.  You can follow Jessie Noah on Facebook at
 
Bonnie and Abby of AidforAbby featured my aqua chevron oven mitt in the treasury, Bullseye - On Target for Success - Treasury List #647.  The treasury is a celebration of aqua -- cool and refreshing on a hot Summer day. 
 
AidforAbby features artwork by a child with autism, language disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.  Proceeds are used to defray medical expenses.  This miniature original oil painting with easel is only $9.99.  I'm thinking this would be a lovely accent piece for my teammate Edi's new studio (she loves pink).
 
 

And last, but not least, Boomer Baby Upcycles featured my red linen retro-inspired bow clutch in her treasury, I Love Fall.  

I couldn't resist featuring this Mad Men vintage pheasant cocktail set from this wonderful vintage Etsy shop!  In my home state, South Dakota, the ringneck pheasant is the state bird, and pheasant hunting season is a HUGE attraction.  All my uncles were avid hunters.  My brother and dad were never in to hunting, but I always admired the pheasant feathers, often used to adorn ladies' hats back in the day when women wore hats to church -- before hats gave way to lacy little chapel veils, and ultimately disappeared entirely after Vatican II.  The church leaders apparently decided St. Paul's admonition that women should keep silent and cover their heads in church should not be read quite so literally, and eventually even the stiff-necked Episcopalians followed suit. 

But I digress ....


And there you have it!  I'm all caught up --- at least with my Treasury Thanks!

TTFN
LeAnn

 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the treasuries! Love that spoon ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great list of treasuries and features!
    Thanks for including my wooden buttons :)
    We had some pheasant themed dishes growing up...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! That dining room is one of my favorites, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete