Monday, October 24, 2011

More Walker Bags

It's shameless commerce Tuesday.  (How can it be Tuesday again already?!) Today I'm featuring walker bags.  Although I always have an Etsy listing for made to order walker bags, I've decided to stock more ready to ship (RTS) walker caddies for the holidays in my Etsy shop.  I'm adding both masculine and feminine versions.  Most are made of decorator weight cotton fabrics.  When quilter weight cottons are used, I reinforce them with mid-weight fusible interfacing. 


Here's a preview--my latest RTS.  I loved the colors and the fun vintage buttons with little rhinestone centers. I'll be taking a batch to the craft fair on Saturday.  The unsold ones will be listed on Sunday or Monday, and I have fabric for several more that will be added to my shop in November.

 

A walker bag or caddy can assist elderly or disabled loved ones who rely on a walker for mobility.  This practical gift would brighten the day of an aging parent or grandparent, disabled veteran, or anyone battling a serious injury or illness.  With both hands on the walker, the user will be able to have frequently-used items at hand, and be able to "carry" items when on the go.  This would make a thoughtful Christmas gift or holiday gift for an elderly friend or relative. 

 

The standard walker caddy measures approximately 16.5" wide and 11.5" deep.  There are two large pockets on one side, and three pockets on the other side.  The pockets provide ample storage for reading materials, glasses, remote controls, cell phones, photos, cards, or medic alerts. Straps are reinforced with extra stitching.  Outer pockets are double stitched and reinforced at stress points. All seams are serged or finished with French seams for a finished look and extra strength.  Buttonholes are machine stitched and buttons are securely sewn and thread-shanked.  The roomy center compartment is large enough to accommodate newspapers, magazines or puzzle books. 

 

The walker bags are machine washable, gentle cycle, no bleach.  Line dry or tumble dry low. 

 

Check out the Walker Bags section of my Etsy shop.  New items will be added as we head into the holiday season:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower?section_id=8095396.

 

TTFN

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower

http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com

 

3 comments:

  1. Now that is the nicest walker bag I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea. Looks very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a great idea! And I love that fabric...very feminine and pretty :)
    I have aging grandparents and I will definitely keep these in mind!

    ReplyDelete