Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just Being Neighborly

It’s Shameless Commerce Tuesday, and today I’m sharing a sneak peek at two new oven mitts that will be part of a custom wholesale order for the Neighborly shop – a boutique in Chicago that features home goods, gifts, and art for the modern Midwesterner.  The shop, located at 2003 W. Montrose Ave., caters to “the urban Midwest” lifestyle.


The fabrics are from the Glimma collection designed by Lotta Jansdotter.  They were chosen by the shop owners for their Fall gift line, and you won’t see these mitts in my Etsy shop.  They are a Neighborly shop exclusive.   I’ll also be sending some baby bibs.

Speaking of bibs ... I received a reorder this week from a new boutique in Toronto, Canada.  The original 14 bibs I sent prior to their opening are almost gone.

Wholesale and custom orders continue to be a growing segment of my business – and I’m grateful for that!

TTFN
LeAnn

8 comments:

  1. Love that orange fabric with the trees! Congrats on your wholesale orders -- sounds like you'll be a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! The orange fabric was one I never would have picked if the shop hadn't requested it. But I really like those mitts, too. It's a nice Fall pumpkin-y orange.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! Congrats on getting things in so many different shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics! And congrats again on this order! And how exciting to get the reorder from the other wholesaler as well!
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Edi. You are an inspiration.

      Delete
  4. I want to expand my wholesale business, but I'm not sure how, since my current client contacted me, originally. I have been doing some research, but it is a little daunting. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wholesale orders have all "fallen in my lap" so to speak. They found me on Etsy and contacted me. I do have one local contact I might make, but I am reluctant to do that with craft fairs approaching, 2 wholesale accounts and 1 consignment--and the holidays on the horizon. I'm about at capacity now unless my granddaughter will be willing to do some contract work for me this Fall.
    I'd look for gift shops that are not in direct competition with your current wholesale account--or in neighboring communities to start.

    ReplyDelete