Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday Slim-Down: Day 20


It's Slim-Down Saturday.  Time to report my progress on the NSP Slim-Down Challenge.  I've lost another 2.4 pounds since last Saturday for a total loss to date of 7.2 pounds.  At least I'm trending in the right direction.

The low point this week:  I missed two daily walks.

The high point this week:  I watched an inspiring 2010 documentary film, recommended my my cousin and coach, Jeannie, called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

The film chronicles the true story of a 100-pound overweight Australian man, Joe Cross, who followed an all-juice diet as he traveled across the United States for 60 days.  Joe was under the medical supervision of Joel Fuhrman, M.D., of the Nutrition Research Foundation. Joe eventually resumed eating some "real" foods. mostly vegetables.   He lost all of his extra 100 pounds and was able to go off all his prescription medications.

After his trek across America, Joe received a plea for help from  Phil, a truck driver from Sheldon, IA whom he'd met while in the US. Joe returns to coach Phil through the first days of his juice fast.  The portion of the film about Phil the trucker was filmed in and around Sioux Falls, South Dakota, my home stomping grounds.

So, inspired by that film, last night I went scouting online for juicers. I haven't bought one yet, but it is on my wish list.

Phil measured his weight loss in "bowling balls" (which weigh approximately 15 pounds each).  On Phil's scale, I've lost almost half a bowling ball.  It's a start.  And I'm trending in the right direction.

Have a great weekend!

TTFN
LeAnn

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Half a bowling ball is great.

    I need to lose quite a few bowling balls myself! It's so hard to get started on that program and I really admire what you're doing!

    Go, girl, go!

    I'm going to check into that documentary, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! I appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on another successful week! The film does sound very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job! I need to loose a couple of bowling balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those pounds just have a way of creeping up.

      Delete
  4. good work! Keep throwing away those extra bowling balls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the weight loss! What an inspirational story. I think that when we watch or read about someone else's struggles, it motivates us to succeed.

    ReplyDelete