Saturday, February 7, 2015

A WHOLE Day

For the past year, one of my four part-time gigs has been working mornings as a Legal Assistant at the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic in the University of Nebraska College of Law. On Friday.  (My other gigs?  Etsy entrepreneur.  Free-lance legal researcher.  Seasonal tax advisor.)

On February 6, 2015, I transitioned from part-time to full-time at UNL!  Although I'll be working twice as many hours, I'll also be earning twice as much pay -- AND next open enrollment period I will be eligible for group health insurance -- truly a godsend.  Although my lists will still be longer than my days, I'll be able to provide better support for an innovative, up-and-coming program that allows third-year law students to gain "real world" experience in transactional law by representing start-ups and fledgling non-profits who would otherwise be priced out of the legal services market.
It's a great place to work! 


My boss, Brett Stohs, the Cline Williams Director of the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic and Assistant Professor of Law, surprised me with a muffin and a gift card from Whole Foods--because I'd be working the WHOLE day!  Love the cute little grocery bag card holder!


And three other staff members who work in offices in the windowless basement of the Law College surprised me with an invitation to join the "Basement Babes" for a chocolate cake coffee break to celebrate my first day as a full-timer.

I'll be working the WHOLE day -- and then some -- during much of tax season.  My typical work day will be 7:00 am - 3:30 pm at the Law College, and 4:00 pm to 8:00 or 9:00 pm at the tax office -- plus almost every Saturday and Sunday (mostly half days) at the tax office. 

I've seriously considered putting my Etsy shop in Vacation Mode, or declining custom orders, but sales are slow enough I've been able to keep up (so far) by sewing REALLY early in the morning or REALLY late at night. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

TTFN
LeAnn

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the full-time job! Sounds like you have some wonderful coworkers :)
    I just hope all the hours don't catch up to you! Make sure you get some sleep in there somewhere!
    That little grocery bag holder is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, LeAnn! My goodness--you are busier than ever. Do you think you will do the tax work next year at this time? I never realized the connection between your now full-time job and Etsy--you focus on entrepreneurship at both places, but in different ways. That gives you a unique perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, congrats, and don't overTAX yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the now full time job and health insurance! Yay! I'd give up the tax job before Etsy but then that's the way I always think during tax season! :)

    ReplyDelete