Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Craftsy BOM February Blocks





I will plead guilty to one count of procrastination.  I waited until the night before Leap Day to finish my two February blocks for the Craftsy block of the month hosted by Amy Gibson.  http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Craftsy-Block-of-the-Month/50.  Both are 16-patch blocks with LOTS of half square triangles (HSTs) and bias edges. 

I like the illusion of motion in the Balkan Puzzle Block.  This is definitely my favorite block of the four I’ve completed to date.  The orange and turquoise play well together on the snow white background fabric.

The Chunky Chevron Block gets an A for dramatic.  I think this block has “guy quilt” potential.  I’m rationing my Kaffe Fassett focus print fabric, but I couldn’t resist using some for a triangle in this chevron block.

Tomorrow I’ll download the March blocks.  March!  Woo-Hoo!  Only seven more weeks until the end of tax season.  I LOVE my tax clients and my tax office leader and coworkers, but I miss having weekends.

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower





5 comments:

  1. These are very pretty. Wish I only had one
    count of procrastination to plead guilty to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in the first one and chevron is so popular right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, gorgeous quilt coming along there! I've always been a little envious of sewers with this kind of patience. Strange, patience only works hand in hand with your OWN passions. I covet quilt making, but it's the results I love, not the sewing. so the patience needed to do what you do couldn't be sustained enough to finish even one beautiful project.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting, I'm now a following you on your new linky tool, I love my new linky tool, so glad to have a replacement for GFC.
    See you later, have a great weekend.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, I like the orange and blue together in the first block.

    ReplyDelete