Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recharging My Batteries





I am almost through the first “peak” of tax season, but I’m still facing a full calendar of back-to-back appointments at the tax office this Saturday and Sunday.  I LOVE my tax job and my loyal tax clients.  But much as I love my work, it is, dare I say, taxing.  

It is good to be busy, especially as I recover financially from December's month long furlough from my other job.  But I am tired.  Really tired.  Bordering on exhaustion.

I spent most of the week burning the candle at both ends – juggling two jobs and staying up WAY past my bedtime several nights in a row to complete another batch of Etsy custom orders .  Added  to that was the stress of my serger ending up in the hospital (aka Husker Sew n’ Vac) for 7 to 10 days.   The physical and mental fatigue was taking its toll.

So last night, after an early supper and a load of laundry, I preheated the electric blanket (it is below zero this morning in  NE) and without even taking a second glance at my To Do List, I went to bed early.  I needed to recharge my batteries.

Sometimes, we all need to give it a break and REST!!  Even God took a day off after creating for six days.  
Wishing you some quality R&R time this weekend.

(Image source:  insweetnessandinhealth.com and sabermas.net)

TTFN (or, as we say in the tax office, many happy returns)

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

5 comments:

  1. Rest up LeAnn. Your body, soul, and mind will thank you.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are recharged after your good night's sleep. Tax season seems to go on forever when you are in the midst of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you took time to rest :) I get in the same routine of staying up too late and getting up too early! Some days I just have to give up and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. I did the same today. I took a nap for the first time in forever and it felt great. Glad you could relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right! We all need the break once in a while. I think we women tend to take on way too much.

    ReplyDelete