Monday, February 20, 2012

Fat Tuesday




 It’s shameless commerce Tuesday, and also Fat Tuesday.  So in keeping with the Mardi Gras theme, I’m featuring this cute little reversible bib with Louisiana State University fleur de lis in purple and gold.  Here’s a link to the listing:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/86995192/boutique-baby-bib-reversible-lsu-purple.

I’ll be wearing my Mardi Gras beads to the tax office today.  No, I didn’t collect them in person.  They are a souvenir from a friend.  

I celebrated Fat Tuesday a day early this year….I guess you could call it Fat Monday…or Fat Quarter Monday.  I had the President’s Day Holiday off at the day job, so I went fabric shopping.  I give up buying fabric for Lent (exceptions made for custom orders) to focus on creatively using my existing fabric stash, completing UFO’s, and to devote more time and energy to  sewing for charities:  ConKerr Cancer pillowcases, cuddle quilts, and Project Linus.   I also picked up this year’s NE Shop Hop bag while shopping at the Cosmic Cow, one of my favorite local quilt shops.  Thankfully, the shop hop is after Easter!

Today also marks my One Year Anniversary on Etsy!  What a year it has been!  I have learned so much in the past 12 months from Newbie Chats, forums, team members and blogs!   It took almost three months to get my first sale, but I’ve now had 138 sales, and  I’ve averaged almost one sale per day the past two months.   I am cautiously optimistic that my second year will be bigger and better.   I’m still a little fish in a big Etsy ocean, but I’m alive and swimming.  Like Dory in movie Finding Nemo, I’ll “just keep swimming!”

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower




10 comments:

  1. Happy Etsy-versary! 138 sales is really awesome for your first year. Conratulations, LeAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Etsy sales!
    We had Monday off too (carneval) but over here all shops are closed.
    Lucky you for going fabric shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your sales. Glad you had an enjoyable day off.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you! I live in southern Alabama and Fat Tuesday is HUGE here, in fact all the schools are closed and so are most businesses. Unfortunately my day job is a bunch of slave drivers and could care less lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful sales happiness to you! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bib is perfect for Mardi Gras :)
    You're brave giving up fabric for lent! I'm not sure I could do the same with wood and paper!
    But it's great that you're focusing on UFOs and Charity work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do we REALLY know that you didn't earn those beads ;)...

    I love the bib too. Very fun!

    Looking forward to learning lots from sellers just like you!

    Popping in from the EBT...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that idea. Giving up buying fabric to use what you already have. I should do the same, only with ALL crafting supplies haha.

    ReplyDelete