Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snow Day


The groundhog made good on his prediction.  Winter definitely has arrived!

The snow is beautiful.  My inner child wants to build a snowman and go sledding.  But my inner adult is grumbling after shoveling heavy,wet snow for three hours, only to risk being high-centered on an unplowed street.  Even 4WD vehicles are stuck.

I was scheduled to work at the tax office today from 11:00 am until 8:00 pm, but 7 of my 8 appointments rescheduled, and one of my coworkers who was able to make it in will cover #8, so my benevolent boss (he really is the BEST boss I've ever had) called and told me to take a Snow Day.  It is my first day off since President's Day.

Once I finish shoveling (yes, there's still more to shovel---I just came in to throw my coat and gloves in the dryer and grab a cup of hot chocolate), my Snow Day will be a Sew Day!  Yay!

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower
http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower

7 comments:

  1. Wow - looks like you got the storm that just blasted the Denver area. Definitely no fun trying to get around on poorly plowed streets. I'm started to get weary of winter myself...

    Enjoy your Snow and Sew day :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I hate the snow, it sure does make for some beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sew day sounds so much better than a snow day!
    I'm glad the roads have started to clear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful, but I am ready for spring, so it isn't bothering me now that we haven't had but 1/2 inch of snow this year. Hope you have had a fun sew day.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have included you in the Versatile Blogger Award.
    Please see http://chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Follow the requirements
    1. Post on your blog about receiving the Versatile Blogger and link back to the person who passed it to you.
    2. Share 7 things about yourself
    3. Pass the award to 15 other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete