Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring Fever


The diagnosis is in.  I have a severe case of Spring Fever..

I subscribe to The Happiness Project’s inspiring daily dose of happiness by Gretchen Rubin.  http://www.happiness-project.com.  But even with my daily happiness fix, I find myself slipping into the midwinter doldrums sometimes.  I don’t believe I have Seasonal Affective Disorder in the clinical sense, but a cold, dark, and dreary environment can wear on a person. 

Last Tuesday, The Happiness Project shared this quote by Anne Bradstreet, and I thought I’d share it with you:

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
 Anne Bradstreet

So as I hunker in for at least another month of winter, I will browse the seed catalog dreaming of flowers and fresh home grown veggies, and search Pinterest and Etsy for pretty images of Spring.  

It will awhile before we see a robin or a crocus in Nebraska!

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower

Photo shows the Gurney’s Seed & Nursery Co. 2012 Spring Catalog.  You can also order online at www.gurneys.com





5 comments:

  1. I like that quote. But I'm with you...I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for spring, too!

    Stopping by from Etsy Blog Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you, Leann; winter is my least favorite season, and especially with all the snow we've been getting this month, I'm really sick of winter now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could send you some of the warm day we had today. It was so welcome I opened my window and aired things out. Unfortunately Saturday will be cold again. Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. ME too!!! We just got another foot of snow. I am so ready for pretty flowers and sunny days:)

    ReplyDelete