Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Brownville Fall Flea Market


It’s Shameless Commerce Tuesday, and I’m here to report that in a moment of temporary insanity, I signed up to be one of over 200 vendors at the 57th Annual Brownville Fall Flea Market, September 28-29, 2013.
  
I had promised myself NOT to do any more outdoor craft shows after a miserable rainy summer show a year ago.  But I do like Historic Brownville.  It's a quaint little historic river town.



And this event has been held annually since 1957!  It draws a large crowd.  And the registration fee was only $45.00, which seemed very reasonable. 

HOWEVER, my hubby (Happy 70th Birthday, Jerry!) does not think it is a good idea at all.


I've promised him that if there is rain in the forecast, or if I can't get enough inventory made in time, I will cancel my registration and chalk it up to a $45 "learning experience."

SO—I’ll need to shift into overdrive to get enough inventory for the 2-day event (8 am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday)!!!  Well, actually, it will be three days.  I received an email advising me to set up on Friday night. Two nights of sleeping in my car.  Hmmm.   

I’m focusing on Fall and Halloween items – and, of course, oven mitts, bibs, key fobs and zip pouches.  And I’ll stock up on sunscreen (and bring an umbrella) -- and a pillow and blanket. 

It will be an adventure, I’m sure!

TTFN
LeAnn


7 comments:

  1. It certainly sounds like a great fair to participate in. Good luck!!
    I enjoyed the fairy houses and your trip to New Hampshire. I hope you show us your granddaughter's quilt when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette! I'll definitely share Madeline's quilt when it is done.

      Delete
  2. Yeah...I hate outdoor shows, but they're really all I have access to. I hope yours goes far better than you fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! If the weather is good, I think I'll be fine. I hope.

      Delete
  3. USD45,- does sound reasonable for a great show such as this one. Keeping my fingers crossed for dry weather and
    good luck with producing enough items!
    And happy belated birthday to your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was considering a two day show in October show, just before Halloween. I hemmed hawed about it until my hubby steered me away from it. I think it was a good decision. Hope your's turns out OK.

    ReplyDelete