Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Little Whimsy


A little whimsy is a good thing.

It can make you smile.
It can make your kids or grandkids giggle.
It can allow your Inner Child to come out and play.
And it can remind you not to take your adult self too seriously.

At the May meeting of the Lincoln Quilters Guild, I was the lucky winner of this delightful little whimsical raw edge  applique wallhanging created by DeEtte Turgeon.  It will hang at the top of my split foyer stairway this summer:

Even the backing and hanger are whimsical:



And I love how she took care to match the label stripes with the backing, and to identify herself and her pattern source, A Single Stem from American Patchwork & Quilting, June 2012 issue:



Check out the echo quilting and the cute, cute button embellishments!  Yup.  Cute as a bug:



TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower
http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower
http://www.facebook.com/pasqueflower





7 comments:

  1. It certainly made me smile and bring out the child in me! That embellishment is adorable! Have always loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love whimsical things! Those items are so pretty and love that little bug embellishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and whimsical! Made me smile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great win! I love the colors and the back is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous prize!

    It made me smile just to see it! It must light up your whole house!

    That backing is really neat!

    ReplyDelete