Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Live Free or Die Part 1 - NH Scenery




This is my first in a series of five blog posts about my recent trip to New Hampshire, April 27-30, 2012.

New Hampshire is a beautiful state with hills, trees, water, wildlife, winding roads and granite outcroppings.   New Hampshire is also a state with fiercely independent people.  The state motto is Live Free or Die.

Here are two photos of some pretty NH scenery.  Although NH is most famous for “foliage season” when the leaves are ablaze with Fall color, it is very pretty in the Spring, too. 

We drove past the real Walden Pond (not pictured), made famous by Henry David Thoreau, across the border in Massachusetts.  (Not to be confused with Golden Pond, made famous by actors Katharine Hepburn and Henry Fonda in their “golden” years .)  

I can understand why Thoreau waxed eloquent about the virtues of living in such a beautiful setting.

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower

6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning photos! What kind of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali! I'm so glad you liked the photos.

      My camera is nothing fancy. A FinePix A340 digital camera, 4.0 mega pixels. I got lucky on that first shot (and did some cropping). The color turned out just right. The lake really IS that blue!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful photos! I've never been to the Northeast but these pictures sure make me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to NH, and things were actually green and blooming while you were there! We camped in NH once while living in CT, and hiked up Mt. Washington. Definitely one my favorite memories of our entire time living in New England, probably because it reminded me of being in....Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to NH but this makes me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Hampshire is a very beautiful state!
    lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete