Friday, March 8, 2013

Hide and Seek


Ever have one of those days (or weeks) when you'd like to just hide away from the work and worries of the world?  As an Introvert, I think I am especially prone to those feelings -- needing to get away to regroup and recharge my batteries.

Well, apparently our cat, Tux, feels the same way.  His new favorite hiding place is inside our "vintage" recliner.  You can see one little white paw peeking out from under the back of the chair, and a little bit of black and white hidden inside.

Maybe on a warm, sunny day, we'll feel more like coming out of hiding to play in the sun.

My Etsy sales have been dismal so far this month, but odd as it sounds, I am grateful for that.  It is still tax season -- 5 more weeks and counting.  I'm feeling the mental and physical strain, although I enjoy the work and seeing my "same time next year" clients.   And I have been blessed with an (over)abundance of custom orders.  More than enough to keep me working late into the night.  So I may actually be up at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday to "Spring Forward" to Daylight Savings Time.

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower
http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pasqueflower

9 comments:

  1. That's a great (and awfully cute) hiding place -- cats can find the best places! I'll be "springing forward" while asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so cute :) Great hiding place!
    Congrats on your custom orders! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are higher maintenance, but at least mine are too darn big to hide anywhere!

    I totally wish I could hide a lot of the time, especially when I hear a couple hundred 8th graders heading my way at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats find some of the best hiding spots! Orders on Etsy haven't been great for me lately either. Hopefully that will pick up soon. It's great that you're still getting a lot of custom orders. Hang in there with tax season! We're getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harley likes to hide under our couch too :)
    That's great about the custom orders, but also glad you have time for your tax clients as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - sometimes it takes a spring sun puddle to lure us out of hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a bit of sunshine here today, to draw me out onto the patio. I'm a bit of an introvert too, and like the coziness of my own surroundings! I can identify with Tux!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! We had a kitten that would hide in one of our chairs years ago. I would put a sign on it that read "DO NOT RECLINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHERE ALL CATS ARE" I was so afraid of him getting hurt.

    Hope Etsy picks up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your kitty has it right, hide until we get some nice warm sunny days. I hope you get some time to relax during your busy season.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete