Monday, March 4, 2013

Put a Poppy On It!


It's Shameless Commerce Tuesday, but instead of promoting a new listing, I'm sharing the inspiration for a new product line for craft fairs where I'll be vending this Fall.  This beautiful red chiffon poppy applique arrived in my mailbox today from Bucharest, Romania!


LoraDesign makes beautiful handmade appliques in a wide variety of colors.  I just love these gorgeous chiffon red poppies.


At less than $1.00 a piece, I am looking forward to adding these to a new line of zip pouches.  I have plenty of red, gray and navy chevron scraps -- and I think these will provide an extra bit of bling to grab the attention of craft fair holiday shoppers.   At least for now, I'll be planning to market the bags at craft fairs, where my zip pouches have done reasonably well in the past.

It's a happy combination -- oven mitts for Etsy, scraps in craft fair projects.  Minimal waste.  Maximum use of fabric.

TTFN
LeAnn aka pasqueflower
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pasqueflower
http://pasqueflowerponderings.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pasqueflower.

12 comments:

  1. Those will be gorgeous on the regimented design of the chevrons! Perfect combo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the poppies will make a great addition! I just love little zipper pouches. I'm actually addicted to the little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sher! Little pouches are one of the ways I'm using up scraps -- and you're right, making them is sort of addictive.

      Delete
  3. I love poppies, they will look great on your new line of zipper pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those chiffon poppies - they'll look fabulous on your bags! Will they be detachable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to experiment with metal pin backs, hoping the flower can be detached and worn as a pin. And it would be nice to be able to remove the chiffon flower so the rest of the bag can be laundered, if needed.

      Delete
  5. Very cool! I need to get on top of fall shows. Deadlines for applications are coming up faster that I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so bright and fun...they're sure to grab buyers' attention!
    Even though you won't be selling them online, I hope you'll share a photo when you get them done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are beautiful! I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh neat! Those poppies are a lovely punch of color and sound perfect for your pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, aren't those pretty! Please show us how it looks on a pouch!

    ReplyDelete